Tuesday 29 November 2011

Waving not drowning...

I looked up and its nearly a month since I last published a post on my blog. How did that happen? Well, I would be lying if I said that the grey skies, short days and long nights that are our daily fayre have not  put an itsy bitsy dampener on my inspiration. Rather than run around outside with my camera, I'm running home to warm up, light candles and bunker down against the cold. The truth is, I've been doing fun stuff but I haven't been sharing it with you.

The quilt that I'm making for my daughter for Christmas is practically done (just a little bit more binding to do!), the Christmas cards are made and I've got a couple of creative dates with felt and pottery lined up. I'm also taking part in what promises to be a very interesting project with some amazing people that will hopefully let me develop my writing skills and keep the creative flame ablaze. Its all hush hush at the moment but a wonderful adventure might be around the corner...

Add to this that my four year old son has, over the last couple of weeks, developed an obsession with drawing. Hours have been spent at his little table where buses, police vans, fire engines are intricately reproduced in felt tip pen, with labels and running commentary. Meanwhile his little sister passes the time fascinated with the modern day gadget that is a brightly coloured messy pen and its plastic lid - on it goes, off it goes, on it goes, off it goes... This all requires close monitoring!!

And there is my blog - which I think of every day and which I know needs my attention. I hope I haven't reached some kind of blogging mid-life crisis as I'm wondering about giving it a bit of a makeover... maybe I'll do something new for 2012. To make up for my neglect, I am going to make my blog an advent calendar for the run up to Christmas. For each day there will be a photo of a Christmas gnome and a number - Scroll down and I will share a 'snippet of the sublime'. Enjoy ....

1 comment:

  1. I love your advent calendar idea! The writing project sounds exciting too! Only just catching up myself, November has been a busy month! :)

    ReplyDelete